JLT Fieldhouse In-Gym Reopening Procedures
Dear JLT Fieldhouse Family,
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. Coach T has received questions from parents and participants regarding when we would be able to reopen sessions in the gym. We know this outbreak has been stressful to many and recognize that exercising and participating in activities like basketball can be a healthy way to cope with stress and connect with our community. After careful thought and planning, we are excited to let you know that we plan to resume in-gym sessions while following CDC considerations to protect participants, families, and our community.
The health and safety of our participants and staff remain our highest priority. Below, you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our participants to enjoy their sessions. We are:
- Intensifying cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation within the gym by frequently cleaning and disinfecting all basketballs, court area, door handles, bathrooms, and all play surfaces before, between, and after each gym session.
- Reducing physical closeness and contact between participants by staggering arrival and drop off times, discouraging physical contact, limiting sharing of equipment and utilizing multiple baskets to keep everyone 6 feet apart.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices by temperature taking, healthcare questionnaire and waivers performed before allowed entrance. Providing hand sanitizer before and after sessions, encouraging participants to cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or the inside of their elbow and coach/staff wearing masks.
Anyone who is sick or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19— including participants, family members, and coach/staff— should not attend sessions. Be on the lookout for symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
How to attend your in-gym session (This applies to private One On One Sessions and Group Sessions):
- A guardian MUST be present with you to sign your waiver for each session.
- Please be ON TIME for arrival and departure to ensure all of our procedures run smoothly and do not interfere into other participants’ session times.
- STAY IN YOUR CAR! Send a text to 704-640-7266 when you have arrived. Mrs. Ashley will come to your car to take your temperature, ask you some health questions and have you sign a waiver. If you are paying for your session in person, you can do so then or immediately when you are allowed in.
- Remain in your car until you are motioned in. This will allow time for the previous participant to leave while we sanitize and disinfect for you.
- When motioned in, please bring your waiver and pen, place the waiver in the basket inside the door and the pen inside the cup and use the sanitizer that will be available. Here you can also leave anything you have brought in with you (ie: water, bookbag).
- A water station will be available (no water fountains), however, we ask that you bring your own water if possible.
- HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOUR SESSION WITH COACH T!
This is an entirely new process for all of us and we appreciate your enthusiasm and cooperation as we reopen our in-gym sessions with Coach T and JLT Fieldhouse.